Possible Side Effects of BELSOMRA
What Are the Possible Side Effects of BELSOMRA?
BELSOMRA has possible side effects. Before you begin treatment, it’s important to know what these side effects are and to discuss the risks and benefits of taking BELSOMRA with your doctor.
BELSOMRA may cause serious side effects that you may not know are happening to you. These side effects include:
- sleepiness during the day
- not thinking clearly
- acting strangely, confused, or upset
- “sleep-walking” or doing other activities when you are asleep like eating, talking, having sex, or driving a car.
- Call your doctor right away if you find out that you have done any of these activities after taking BELSOMRA.
Below is a list of the most commonly reported adverse events that occurred in 3-month clinical trials:
placebo (n=767) BELSOMRA 15 mg or 20 mg (n=493)
- Diarrhea (placebo 1%, BELSOMRA 2%)
- Dry mouth (placebo 1%, BELSOMRA 2%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (placebo 1%, BELSOMRA 2%)
- Headache (placebo 6%, BELSOMRA 7%)
- Next-day drowsiness (placebo 3%, BELSOMRA 7%)
- Dizziness (placebo 2%, BELSOMRA 3%)
- Abnormal dreams (placebo 1%, BELSOMRA 2%)
- Cough (placebo 1%, BELSOMRA 2%)