Finding the right dose
The recommended dose is 10 mg.*
Your insomnia is as individual as you are, and medicines work differently for different people, so BELSOMRA comes in multiple strengths.
Tell your doctor if you’re still not sleeping well with 10 mg.* If your current dose is well tolerated and you’re not getting the sleep you want, your doctor may suggest that you increase your dose. Do not take more than 20 mg of BELSOMRA in 1 day.
Contact your doctor if your insomnia worsens or is not better within 7 to 10 days, as another condition may be causing your sleep problem.
How to take BELSOMRA
Take proactive steps to wind down and prepare your environment for sleep before you take BELSOMRA. Here are some important instructions you should follow when taking BELSOMRA:
- Take BELSOMRA exactly as your doctor tells you to take it.
- Only take BELSOMRA 1 time each night, if needed, within 30 minutes of going to bed.
- Only take BELSOMRA when you can get a full night’s sleep (at least 7 hours).
- Do not take BELSOMRA if you drank alcohol that evening or before bed.
- BELSOMRA may be taken with or without a meal. However, BELSOMRA may take longer to work if you take it with or right after meals.
- Call your doctor if your insomnia (sleep problem) worsens or is not better within 7 to 10 days. This may mean that there is another condition causing your sleep problem.
- If you take too much BELSOMRA, call your doctor right away or get emergency treatment.
For more information, see "How Should I Take BELSOMRA?” below in Selected Risk Information.
What to expect when starting BELSOMRA at your recommended dose
The way you feel when you fall asleep with BELSOMRA may be different from what you have experienced in the past or what you expected. Therefore, it is important to give BELSOMRA an adequate trial period. Try BELSOMRA for a few nights to a week to see how it works for you.
Learn about the Savings Offer & Free Trial
*Not all patients are eligible. Certain restrictions apply. Please see Terms and Conditions.